Friday, May 16, 2008

Marketing to Women -- Is it Different?


Here's a book worth picking up if any part of your business needs women as customers. And let's face it, if you are married, we truly know who the decision maker is in your household.
I haven't chosen a tie on my own for almost 10-years. My wife buys three that "she" likes and says pick two and I'll take the other one back. At least she gives me the semblance of making a decision for myself.
That's why it's important to understand that men and women communicate differently. An advertising message crafted for a man may not necessarily be the best tool to reach a woman.
In this book, co-authored by Holly Buchanan and Michelle Miller, marketing strategies specifically tailored to reach and persuade women are highlighted. For example, if you had a failed customer service call and I had to wait on hold for 10-minutes, I might be irritated but if business got done, I'm ok. Not so with women, according to Buchanan and Miller. They look at it as a relationship ender -- and relationship ending in business translates into taking their business elsewhere.
Because the Fish is 70% women, it's important to take note of these types of nuances in your marketing. I've been helping my clients tell their story, find more new customers and make more sales with the Fish for the last 6 years. If you'd like to see if we can tell your story convincingly and grow your business, just drop me a note at thecopee@gmail.com.
Remember that with the right message you can get RESULTS WITH RADIO!

No comments: