Thursday, May 15, 2008

Consistency Is Key In Delivering Your Message



Dale Carlsen is president of California based Sleep Train stores. His story is an amazing one. Carlsen started his business with one fledgling store in South Sacremento and has built it into a 224-store chain with $350 million in annual sales.

When asked about his secret in growing his business, he said marketing and advertising. Carlsen reflects on the fact that the average consumer is in the market for new bedding every 7-10 years. That means that consistency of his advertising message plays a key in keeping Sleep Train top of mind with his customer base.

“If a customer doesn’t walk into my store when he’s in the market, I won’t have another chance for seven years. And I don’t know when he’s going to decide he needs a new bed. So I want to be talking to him every single week, all year long.”

It's important to talk to your customer who is in the market right now but it's equally important to reach those who will be in the market in the next 3, 6, 12 months. If you'd like a FREE advertising audit, drop me an e mail at thecopee@gmail.com and I'll be happy to share my success stories. Then, we can see if something makes sense for you.



No comments: