Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Sign of the Times or Self Fulfilling Prophecy


Just outside Atlanta is this marble & countertop company. I'm not sure if they are trying to be funny or they are actually serious with their sign.

To me this speaks of desperation. I perceive this company is struggling to stay afloat. Even it that is true, I'm not so sure that this marketing strategy is accomplishing its goal of building new business.

This marketing message gives the consumer no real reason why they should do business with this company. This speaks to the company's problems not the consumers.

I've found over the last 14 years of developing results-producing campaigns that campaigns that focus on the business problems generally fail, but those that focus on solving a consumer's problem excel.

I've got some ideas on what the sign should say but I'd like to hear yours also.

Feel free to offer suggestions in the comments below.

If you need help developing a consumer focused message for your business, call me 404-995-7343. There's no obligation to get a 3rd party opinion of your current strategy. My promise to you is that I won't ask for your business unless I can help your business.

No comments: